Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Bag Lady

They say that the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.
So here goes...
Hi, my name is Maureen and I have a handbag addiction. 
It started when I was pretty young, and I've never been able to shake the habit. 
Clearance sales lured me in. Birthday presents arrived. Department stores wooed me with their wares.
I have to also admit though....I'm perfectly happy with this terrible addiction I face. 

Linking up today with Gussy Sews to share my favorite accessories...
The Purse
and
The Totebag

These are mine...

My beautiful rustic red purse has been in my closet for years and years and years. I adore the color and the detailing. Sadly, it was retired into the Purse Hall of Fame last year...the handles are worn through. 

This snazzy little Vera Wang number was a Christmas present from my parents. It's my Going Out purse.
You know...for when I go out to fancy dinners with my handsome hubs minus the diaper bag.
Yeah, this one's in excellent shape...no wear and tear here. 

Oh Dana Buchman how I love thee! You had me at metallic gold and zebra print. 
Also a Christmas present from my parents...would this be considered enabling??


My current bag. By current, I mean that I have been carrying it for more than 48 hours straight. 
We're going steady now. 
Have I mentioned my new found love for mustard yellow?
You can see more of my current obsession with this color here.

Ahh, yes. The diaper bag. We have three.
This is really Blake's bag, though I'm not sure he appreciates the polka-dots as much as I do. 
But it's a necessity for church nursery and Grandma & Papa's house days. 


I also have a love for the clutch. 
You can read about the time my favorite one was stolen here. 
After that episode, I replaced the little beauty with this green one.
And I have to say...
we get along rather nicely**


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

haha! We have the same addiction. Mine started young as well and at first I didn't discriminate :) Now, a love affair has begun with Coach and I can't shake it! UGH

Colleen said...

lol, i just got done lugging around that same diaper bag a few months ago!