Sunday, July 17, 2011

One Man's Junk....

is this girl's treasure! I am a softie for anything old and in need of some TLC when it comes to garage sale-ing. Those ugly, odd shaped end tables for $5? Yes, please! I can totally see them in a beautiful Watermelon pink or creamy Butter yellow and used as a TV stand in the office.
Last week I hit up some garage sales in the area with my MIL (mother-in-law/love) and managed to find a few good things that had to come home with me. I admit they're not pretty right now... but just give me a week, mmkay?
Here's a little peek at the *Befores*
Blue Chair - $2 , Wooden Mail Sorter - 50 cents

Assorted Fabrics - 50 cents each piece

"Fisherman" Basket - 50 cents , Lace Hankie - also 50 cents

Canning Jars - 25 cents a piece

So far (like in the last 2 days) I've managed to wash out the jars and cover the lids with some of the pink checkered fabric. They work great in the office/ craft room/ catch-all area for holding little treasures. The other redo I squeezed in this weekend was the wooden mail sorter.

I've been looking for something (anything!) to help with the paper piles that always seem to find their way onto the top of the desk. I knew as soon as I found this little gem at the yard sale that a little paint would go along way, and I'd be able to "go vertical" with my organization.

Here's some *Afters*




~The jars worked great for my button collection~

~Cross-stitch done by my mama~

I'll do a step-by-step post soon on what I did to the mail sorter, and my list of goals for the week includes getting flowers to put in the fisherman basket for our front porch/steps. I'm still deciding on a color for the chair, but whatever I pick it's definitely got to go with the black and white polka dot fabric I bought at one of the sales....it's going to make a divine chair cushion!

No comments: