Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Hero & The Breakup

Dear Internet Explorer 9,
Yes, it's true, we were together for such a short time. It just wasn't working out for me. You came into my life so quickly, and unexpectedly. You remember don't you? Our computer was going soooo ss-ll-oooo-ww. It was time to wipe it clean and start fresh. No, no.... I don't do that kind of work. I leave it up to my main man with the Computer Degree. He knows how to handle all those techie things that make my head spin and anger level sky rocket.

So the day came, and suddenly- there you were! Newly downloaded. The hip new guy in town. And things started out just fine. Fast connections and quick downloads. It's true in any new relationship...the flaws don't show til later! We were happy and definitely hitting the "like" stage.

And then it happened. I was sitting here minding my own business writing a new blog post, when you, "Mr. Have It My Way Internet Explorer 9", made it quite clear how unwilling you were to work on our budding friendship. We could have had it all....

But NOOO, you had to put up a stink every time I simply asked to Save my writing. Or heaven forbid, Publish it! And frankly, telling me "Java Script:void" every time I hit one of those buttons is just down right foolish and immature. Really, I thought you'd be bigger than that! In the end, we just weren't right for each other and it was time to just say it like it is; we need to break up.

I realize it's only been a few days, but I'm feeling so much better. In fact, I met a really great new program named Google Chrome and so far we're really hitting it off! Don't feel bad, Internet Explorer 9, I'm sure you'll find someone new. Besides, I'm already taken...I have my very own uber talented, hot stuff tech guy. And since downloading Google Chrome- he's my hero <3


~the answer to my technological prayers~

No comments: