Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well, I'm still waiting on paint for my bookcase and step-stool from the barn sale....so I'll just write a few things that are on my mind today. I've been thinking alot about how wonderful it is to know that all things in life are overseen by my Heavenly Father. This quote is from a Max Lucado book I read along time ago, and I think it's an excellent view of life's circumstances:

"We live beneath the protective palm of a sovreign King who superintends every circumstance of our lives and delights in doing us good. Nothing comes your way that has not first passed through the filter of his love."
I've been feeling a little anxious recently about a few things going on personally right now, and I keep coming back to the knowledge that every aspect of my life is governed by a sovreign, loving God who knows me personally and knows my heart. There are things in life that seem so overwhelming, and yet every step of the path I'm on has already been directed and lit up before me by my Saviour. It is so comforting to me to know that I am safe in his grasp. That nothing can come my way, whether it is a trial or a dissapointment, or a change in plans and timing, that has not first passed through God's perfect, sovreign "filtration system" for my life. I love the promise found in Psalm 84:11- "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly." I know that in the end God delights in giving good gifts to His children, and in His timing the big and the little "good things" are always far better than even what my wild imagination can cook up.
Just some heart thoughts for the day....may they bless your life as well!

No comments: