Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ready, Set, Rest!

I have been doing alot of catch up lately it seems...
today I did some catching up on all the blogs I follow.
There was one reoccurring theme: 
Organization and Motivation for A New Year. 

Totally fabulous!
Except for one thing....
I'm pooped. 

Are you??
Oh, I'm motivated. And I'm obnoxiously organized (usually!)
But right now, I'm ready to rest. 
My kids are ready for rest. For a "normal" schedule to their day.
And I've decided that for the next few weeks
that's ok!
It's ok, because nowhere in the book of real life does it say
we must start every new endeavor, goal, diet, exercise routine, 
or anything else for that matter
on January 1st!

(picture taken by Blake's Auntie Bri...he and his cousin Jack, in full Christmas meltdown)

Sure it's a good thing to start fresh, and sometimes that's best to do
at the beginning of a month...or year in this case. 
But on the other hand, sometimes you just have to let yourself rest!
My kids have been sick...Kelcie's on meds for croup this week. I just took
our Christmas tree down yesterday and am mapping out
our new toy storage strategy. 
I'm determined to start eating healthy and exercising again. 
Piano lessons are starting up...church activities will be in full swing...
and right now, I just need to catch my breath. 
A moment to savor the quiet of naptime.
A moment to drink a hot cup of coffee and stare out the window
at the blanket of white. 
A moment to say "Hi God...what's your plan for this year?", before I start running with my own. 

I so badly want to see and be a part of amazing things, the kind of things that
make you stop still and marvel at. 
But I want them to be God's things. 
So before I write out a huge list of everything I promise to accomplish in 2013, 
I want to hear what He's got to say first...


"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." ~ Psalm 40:5

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I definitely have been feeling the pull to just stay at home and relax and spend quality time with my kids. Jaxson's Christmas break is over already and he will be back to his normal schedule next week. I am already a little sad about it.

Maureen Polderman said...

Awe...that's gotta be tough!

Maureen Polderman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.