Monday, January 26, 2009

10 Pounds Down

Yay! Today was the first day that the scale was actually looking how I wanted it to! I've been trying since my wedding in October to start losing some weight, and have been doing really well since about the first week in January. Getting through the holidays was harder, but I just wanted to maintain- which I was able to. But then after New Year's (and Colleen got engaged!), I decided to really step into high gear.
My goal is 5 pounds each month until the wedding or until I hit my goal weight, and then to stay there! My sister Katie and my Mom have both been VERY inspiring to me as I have seen them lose weight and get fit over the last few years. They look great!!
Here's what I'm doing: Eating LOTS of vegetables and fruits
Trading chips/crackers for rice cakes topped w/ PB & Jam
I love veggies and hummus, so that's my go to snack now
Working more low-fat, high fiber and whole grain foods into our diet
Doing Biggest Loser videos from On Demand (cable)
It's exciting to see the results on the scale and a motivation to keep going!

No comments: