Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sisters


My sisters. Where do I even begin?? They are each so special to me. They are each one of my best friends for more reasons than I have room to write about. But I'm going to try!
I'd love for you to know them...to spend a Saturday with us shopping, swapping clothes and shoes, commenting on eachother's latest hair color. 

So let me introduce you to them, one at a time...

Meagen
Meag is the mother hen of our group. 
She's wife to my brother-in-law, Ben, and mom to Tori, Lexi, and Sullivan.
She teaches 5th grade and puts her whole heart into the kids she finds in her care every year. 
Meagen has a big heart and she's also fiesty! She's someone who always has your back, and will say what's on her mind. She is one of the hardest working people I know...putting in long hours at the school and taking care of her family. 
And she does this while fighting the effects of fibromyalgia and lupus.
I love her dedication and loyalty, and am inspired by her strength on a regular basis!

Katie

Katie is my encourager. 
For almost as long as I can remember, Katie could call my bluff when I'd be moping about something and then say "nothing." when she asked what was up. 
She's wife to Ryan, and mommy to Addisyn and Jack Ryan...two little people who have blessed my life greatly. 

She has been there for some of my hardest moments, loving me through with her words of grace and truth. 
She's shared some of my greatest moments too...
like being pregnant with Blake- 6 weeks behind her own pregnancy with Jack!
Katie is a friend. Not just mine...she is the definition of that word. She puts people at ease and is one of the most welcoming people I know.  

Colleen

Colleen is the sister I fought with growing up...and one of my best friends today.
 I've always been secretly in awe of her ability to say it like it is and go after what she wants. 
She is married to Josh (hers not mine, wink*) and is about to move down to Pensacola, Florida. 
You can read more of her story here.
Colleen is one of the most adventurous, fearless, and driven people in my life.
 I just have to say how proud I am to be her big sister! 
I have taken from her courage, her confidence, and her fortitude so many times. 

Brianna

Bri is the baby of the group...and one of the biggest sources of inspiration in my life. 
She is an artist. 
Bri's the type of person who dreams of Paris and Rome...and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up somewhere like that someday. 
She is the best dresser...if I still lived at home with her, I would steal her clothes everyday. That and her accessories...and long, thick hair that changes color with the season. 
She is tenderhearted. 
And she works right up the road from our house, so she comes and eats lunch with me sometimes. 
It makes my day!

So where do I fit in the bunch?? Smack dab in the middle! 
I am surrounded by my sisters and so blessed to be a part of this amazing group of women. 
I'm thankful for the two that are close by (Meagen and Brianna), 
and I miss the two that live far away (Katie and Colleen). 
But wherever we all end up, I know that I can always count on any and all of them!






No comments: