Friday, September 30, 2011

Where I Come From

In my little family it's just me, Josh and Blake. For now... 
 Our happy little family will probably never rival the size of the family I come from though! 
Eight kids just isn't in the plan (at least not mine or Josh's)!!

But coming from a big family is hands down one of the best things I have known.
Would ya like to meet the crazy bunch??
All righty then...


We've grown since this picture was taken...two more husbands and three more grand-babies!


My sibs.  L to R : Colleen, Me, Bryce, Meagen, Owen, Brianna, Katie, and Brenden
Some things that I love about my big family...

1. Having built in best friends. There is always a listening ear, 
a hand to hold, a laugh to share, 
a closet to raid...

2. Holidays. Waking my parents up Christmas morning singing Christmas carols all the way up the stairs. Birthday dinners where we got to pick out dinner and our cake and ice cream. Green milk and Corned Beef Dinner for St. Patty's Day...yes, I'm Irish. Wink*

3. The French Fry Game. This could be where my addiction to french fries began! Holding our fries up to see who had the longest one, and making sure no one was cheating by sticking two short ones together...

4. Road trips. Family vacations spent camping, visits to Ohio to see our grandparents, Sunday drives...

5. Having a fellow partner in crime. April Fool's Day rocked around our house...there was never a shortage of "Gotcha" moments. 

These people are more than family....they are my friends, my confidants, my encouragement. We band together when there's hard times, and we celebrate like none other when the good times roll. 

My mom and dad will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary in November, and I am so proud to be a part of  the family they grew! Over the next few weeks, I'll introduce you to all of them more individually....
so stay tuned!!

What's your family look like??

No comments: