Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring in Our Step

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day!! We started our day with breakfast on the run...the church choir was practicing at 9am sharp, and since this mama is the pianist we had to be there! Blake and Josh are such good sports about our early start many Sundays, and Easter was no different. As you can see, I worked hard to make sure we were picture-ready in coordinating outfits (my orange-y dress was a FAB clearance find and inspired the 'mens' wear!)



After a great church service, which included wonderful choir music I have to say, we headed over to my parent's home. For as long as I can remember, my brothers and sisters, parents, and I have faithfully lined up outside- no matter the Easter weather- for our family pictures. Now that I'm grown and have a family of my own, I love to look back and see how we all grew ( and how the Easter fashions changed) through the years. It's a tradition that I hope to continue for my own little family for many years to come!



We had a yummy lunch with ham and cheesy potatoes, celebrated a couple birthdays, had "bunny" cake for dessert, and I think at some point Blake snagged a nap. Our holidays are always full days, and we are so thankful to live near to our families so that we can celebrate these special times together. How special for Blake to grow up surrounded by his grandparents, aunties and uncles, and cousins!

No comments: